Extended Day Counselor
Friends Community School of College Park, MD seeks Extended Day Counselors to be members of the aftercare team. This is a school-year position with opportunities for extended employment during the summer.
The Extended Day Counselor is a part-time position. The counselors are primarily responsible for maintaining a safe and nurturing childcare environment after school hours under the supervision of the Director of Auxiliary Programs.
Extended Day staff hours are 2:15 PM - 6:00 PM Monday-Friday with an alternate schedule on Wednesday (1:30 PM - 6:00 PM). There are limited opportunities for additional hours during the school day to assist in various classroom duties depending on interest and availability.
Primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Supervise children between the ages of 5 and 14.
- Maintain a safe and nurturing environment.
- Provide and supervise age-appropriate activities.
- Observe State childcare regulations and school policies and procedures.
- Participate in all tasks which make Extended Day run smoothly.
Requirements for this position include:
- Willing and able to focus on the wellbeing and safety of each child
- Able to work both independently and cooperatively as a member of the Extended Day team
- First Aid and CPR certifications (the school may allow these to be acquired after hiring)
- Must be able to take initiative
- Available to work at least three (3) days/week
- Available to work from September 7th, 2021 through June 9th, 2022
- Patience, a sense of humor, and familiarity with Quaker processes and values are extremely helpful.
Hourly pay for this position is dependent on experience and starts at $12.50.
FCS is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive educational community and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.