School Nurse (Part-Time or Full-Time)
Friends Community School of College Park, MD seeks a School Nurse. This position is primarily a school-year position, with intermittent summer responsibilities.
Friends Community School (FCS) is a progressive co-ed Quaker K-8 day school serving a diverse student body from the greater Washington, D.C. area. FCS offers a challenging curriculum imbued with strong values of equality, integrity, community, environmental stewardship, simplicity, and peaceful conflict resolution, rooted in our Quaker heritage. Faculty and staff are highly engaged and enjoy flexibility, autonomy, and creativity. FCS’s LEED-certified building is situated on 17 acres surrounded by Greenbelt National Park, nine minutes from the University of Maryland, College Park, and thirty minutes from Washington, D.C.
The qualified candidate will be a registered nurse. Collaboration with the School’s Delegating Nurse allows flexible hours for both positions.
In collaboration with the School’s Delegating Nurse, primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Provide nursing care on campus for 20-25 hours per week (or full time possible too)
- Promote the health and safety of the students
- Provide acute, chronic, episodic, and emergency health care to students and emergency care to school staff
- Ensure that medication forms, action plans and health records are complete and accurate
- Maintain electronic health records
- Practice independently in a school health setting
- Meet student health needs for field trips
- Other duties as needed
Requirements for this position include:
- Registered Nurse license, and BLS and First Aid certification
- Bachelor's degree
- Proficiency with MS Office software, and ability and willingness to become proficient in the use of the School's electronic medical records and administrative systems
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work both independently and cooperatively as a member of the administrative team; and to interact happily and productively with students, parents, and colleagues
- Compassion, diligence, and initiative
- Must pass criminal background and employment history investigations
- Two years of experience in school nursing, pediatric, public health, or emergency nursing preferred
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Start date is flexible.
Friends Community School is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive educational community and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, color, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.