Extended Day Counselor
FCS seeks part-time counselors to be members of the Extended Day team.
Primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Supervising children between the ages of 5 and 14.
- Maintaining a safe and nurturing environment.
- Providing and supervising appropriate activities for the children.
- Following State childcare regulations.
- Participating in all tasks which make Extended Day run smoothly.
Extended Day’s hours are 7:30-8:15 a.m. and 2:30-6:00 p.m. Monday-Friday (1:45-6:00 p.m. on Wednesdays). There are opportunities for additional hours during half-days and Extended Day camps during professional days and school breaks.
Requirements for this position include:
- Must be able to work both independently and cooperatively as a member of the Extended Day team
- Must pass criminal background investigation
- First Aid and CPR certifications (the school may allow these to be acquired after hiring)
- Must be able to take initiative
- Must be available to work at least three (3) days/week
- Must be able to work from early September through early June
Patience, a sense of humor, and familiarity with Quaker processes and values are extremely helpful. FCS is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive educational community and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin. Hourly pay for this position starts at $11.50.